How do you top a life altering trip? Easy, you plan another one!
I wrote in my last post Breada and I decided not to teach in Vietnam like we originally planned, but we still had our ticket booked to go back. I’m not in the business of wasting anything, let alone two business class tickets to the other side of the world, so we decided instead of teaching for a year we’ll just travel some more. A short trip this time, only three months 🙂
While this trip is short compared to the last one, what it lacks in size it makes up for in luxury. Almost the entire trip is covered on points and miles, with the exception of a handful of nights we booked out-of-pocket. Some of the highlights include…
- Boston – Istanbul – Hanoi on Turkish Airlines Business Class
- Hanoi – Singapore – Colombo on Singapore Airlines Business Class
- Ho Chi Minh City – Johannesburg, South Africa – Ho Chi Minh City on Qatar Airways Business Class
- Taipei – Hong Kong – Boston on Cathay Pacific Business Class
- 7 Nights at the JW Marriott Emerald Bay Phu Quoc ($550 / night! )
- 3 Nights at the JW Marriott in Kuala Lumpur ($220+ a night)
- 3 Nights at the Grand Hyatt Taipei ($250 / night )
Just to name a few!
If we were to pay out-of-pocket for all of our hotels and flights our grand total would be somewhere north of $25,000 USD. Our costs? About $1,500. Yes that’s right, I’m not missing any zeros. $1,500 for $25,000+ worth of hotels and flights. Insane? Yes, but 100% doable if you’re willing to put in the time and effort.
So the big question many of you are now wondering : how did we do it?
You’ll have to read part two to find out! I’ll have a more detailed outline of what we’re doing, how many points it cost, and how we racked up enough points to pull it all off! Stay tuned!